Powered by Blogger.

Welcome to my Site

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Naturally Treating Epstein Barr Virus & Mononucleosis - Strengthen the Immune System


Back in the summer of 2003, I was diagnosed with a very severe and acute case of EBV- Epstein Barr Virus. Literally my very active life was put on hold. I can still recall the morning I knew I was really sick- I was too weak to even lift my head off my pillow. My lymph nodes were swollen in my neck, armpits and groin. I was nauseous and thought I was just experiencing the flu.

The symptoms of the Epstein Barr Virus is almost like a severe case of the flu. Chills, swollen glands, lack of appetite and severe exhaustion. It impacts each person differently- but when I went to my doctor a few months later- he quickly diagnosed my illness and took a blood test that revealed that I was in the throws of a very severe case of mononucleosis. The Epstein Bar Virus was positive on my blood test and the EBV is a herpes group virus which is ubiquitous. It is the cause of the classic infectious mononucleosis virus... the kissing virus.

Apparently, you can be exposed to these viruses for years-- as a herpes virus it can lay dormant in your body and then something stressful or troubling can trigger the virus. That is what had happened to me... the night before I was sick- my boyfriend and I had broken up. The stress of that event taxed my immune system and triggered the most trying time of my life.

Back when I was in college- there was a girl on my dorm floor who had mono and her immune system was so retarded and taxed that she actually died after contracting a simple case of chicken pox. It was a tragic experience, but an indication that Epstein Barr and Mononucleosis are viruses that need to taken more seriously.

Most doctors will prescribe, as mine had, rest, lots of water and vitamin c. Unfortunately, my previously active lifestyle was in jeopardy if I did not do more than drink water and take vitamin c. I researched the virus and bought an amazing book that changed my life: The Immune System Cure by Lorna Vanderhaeghe and Patrick Bouic.

The diet and nutritional routine I employed much based on this book helped me fight mono and the Epstein Barr Virus and get my immunity back on track.

1. Cut Sugar entirely
2. Eat lots of protein - lean fish, buffalo & boiled eggs
3. Green tea - cut caffeine and alcohol
4. Organic Yogurt
5. Super Greens -- Barleans Super Greens in my shakes
6. CoenzymeQ10 -- the Spark of Life -- Energizes your cells and your body
7. Zinc- Boosts the Thymus Gland
8. Glutathione-- Free Radical Fighter
9. Magnesium
10. DHEA - The Immune Hormone

These 10 steps strengthened my immune system and got my body in a state where it was repairing itself and fighting the virus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a question about how to recover from a bad case of mono or Epstein Barr?


Visit our On-Line Store to
purchase a variety of supplements, vitamins and homeopathic medicine at Healthy Being Products Store

Sign up for our free daily tips newsletter list:


Powered by FeedBlitz

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive